Subject: Your two derivations of d/(d+1) are both correct - and Cauchy's theorem (1821) proves why they must converge
From: Michael Eastwood <[email-masked]>
To: [redacted-third-party], [redacted-third-party]
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2026 16:37:39 +0000

Dear Professor Demetrius and Professor West,

Please find attached a letter addressing a connection between your two
independent derivations of the metabolic scaling formula alpha = d/(d+1).

I also attach two papers:

1. 'On the Origin of Scaling Laws' (v3.1) - the dimensional ladder,
Friedmann mapping, geometric speed limit, and the explanation of why your
derivations converge through Cauchy's functional equation.

2. 'The Cauchy Unification' (Paper VII, v3.0) - a 50-domain empirical test
of the Cauchy classification (19/25 confirmed, p = 1.56 x 10^-5).

All code, data, and the domain manifest are publicly available:
- Research hub: https://www.michaeldariuseastwood.com/research/
- OSF: https://osf.io/6c5xb (DOI: 10.17605/OSF.IO/6C5XB)
- GitHub: https://github.com/MichaelDariusEastwood/arc-principle-validation

I would be deeply grateful for your assessment. If either of you sees a
flaw, I would rather hear it from you than discover it in print.

With great respect for what you have both built,

Michael Darius Eastwood
Independent Researcher, London
[email-masked]
michaeldariuseastwood.com/research

Raise AI with care.